Get answers to your questions regarding our Photo Organizing Classes and Help Sessions.
What is the Photo Organizing Small Group Class...and why is it right for me?
The Photo Organizing Small Group Class is a live, 1-hour, interactive, online class designed to help you succeed in organizing your photos. During the class, you’ll learn a proven 5-step process to:
- collect ALL your photos and digital image files
- sort and identify the best pictures to keep
- organize the “keepers” to find them and share them easily
- store your photos safely so that you can recover from changes in technology or mishaps that can destroy your pictures…and preserve them for future generations if you wish.
The class is taught by a professional Photo Organizer who will also provide expert tips (e.g. how to identify the best photo among multiple copies, how to remove duplicates automatically, what is the best and most cost-effective storage system, and so much more!).
The Small Group class is limited to 5 participants so that you can ask questions about your personal situation and learn from each other’s questions. You can schedule the class at a day and time that is convenient for you.
To enroll in the Photo Organizing Small Group class, click here
If you prefer an individualized session, schedule a Private Consultation & Help Session, click here.
What are the qualifications of our teachers?
The Photo Organizing Small Group class is taught by a professional Photo Organizer who is also a Certified Photo Manager. They are well-experienced and expert coaches who
- completed rigorous training
- passed several, in-depth exams with scores of 95% or better
- have a roster of satisfied customers
- are certified by The Photo Managers, a worldwide association of over 600 members who are experts in organizing, storing, and preserving personal images and documents.
What is the format for the Small Group Class?
The Photo Organizing Small Group class is a live, 1-hour interactive session conducted as a ZOOM meeting. The presentations are planned for roughly 45 minutes of content delivery and 15 minutes of questions.
You are free to ask questions throughout the session. In fact, you are encouraged to identify questions that are top of mind when you register, so that your session is especially helpful to you.
What equipment do I need to participate?
Instructions and a link to the ZOOM session are sent once you have scheduled the class. You can access the ZOOM meeting via a
- Computer – Windows or Apple computer with speakers or a microphone. Note that webcams are recommended but not required. Most computers and tablets have a built-in webcam.
- Tablet – iOS or Android
- Phone – Mobile smartphone
While you can participate on your phone, we recommend using a tablet or computer to see the details in the presentation.
Note that the ZOOM app must be enabled on your computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
Is there pre-work or homework required?
There is no required pre-work for the class but it will be useful to think about all the places where your photos might be hiding.
- Your hard copy photos might be located as framed photos on display in your home or office, and tucked away in boxes, bags, and/or albums stored on shelves and in closets, attics or basements, and even under beds. Family members might also have one-of-a-kind pictures that you would like to borrow to scan and keep a copy (Mom in her wedding dress?)
- Your digital image files might be in your phone camera roll and in messages. They might also be in your email (all your email addresses!). And they can be found in cloud storage sites like Google Photos or Apple iCloud (among others), in digital albums at photo retailer ordering sites such as Shutterfly, Snapfish, Amazon, Walgreens, etc., and on social media like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat.
- You might also have many kinds of storage media including CDs and DVDs, floppy drives, SD cards, “memory” cards, USB or “thumb drives”, external hard drives, slides, negatives, old disposable film cameras, 35 mm film, and VHS or Beta videos.
After the class, you’ll have a clear list of next steps to tackle your photo organizing project and make it a success!
Am I able to interact with my instructor?
Absolutely! The class is “live” and designed to be interactive. Feel free to ask your questions! The instructors will also share their contact information and you can contract with them afterwards if you would like additional help.
What tools will I have once I complete the class?
You will have several tools available to you once you complete your session. In addition to knowing the process you should undertake, you will have
7 valuable checklists and tools to ensure a disciplined approach to organizing your photos; these include:
- 5-Steps to Organizing Your Photos Reference Sheet
- Take Stock of ALL Your Photos – handy checklist to help you collect ALL of your photos and digital image files
- Photo Inventory Tool – useful spreadsheet to help you record what you have…and keep track of your progress
- Timelines for Individuals and Families to help you sort and date your photos quickly
- Keyword | Tagging List to make future photo searches fast and easy
- Photo Organizing Resources – recommended software tools to solve common problems
The reference book, Photo Organizing Made Easy: Going from Overwhelmed to Overjoyed by Cathi Nelson filled with valuable insights and recommendations
Membership in a Facebook community of photo organizers where you can continue to learn new information
Plus, you will have the contact information for your instructor and can contract for an ongoing relationship, if you wish.
What happens once I sign up for the class?
Once you sign up and pay for the class, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to schedule your session. You may schedule your class for a date and time that is convenient for you over the next 60 days.
Please schedule your session as soon as possible. If we do not see it scheduled three days after your purchase, we will send you reminder emails.
Once your class is scheduled, you will receive the ZOOM link for the class or meeting.
If you need help accessing ZOOM, please email us.
What happens if I can’t make the class I scheduled? What is your cancellation policy?
What is your 100% Happiness Guarantee?
We want you to find real value in our Photo Organizing Small Group Classes and Private Consultations. We will make every effort to meet your expectations. If you are unhappy for any reason with the value you received in your session, we will work with you to meet your expectations or we will refund your class registration fee.
How do I give a Small Group Class or Private Consultation as a gift?
I received a Photo Organizing Session as a gift. How do I redeem my gift certificate?
Congratulations! We know you’ll find your session informative and helpful. Please use the links below to schedule your session. You will need to input the 5-digit code printed on your gift certificate.
To schedule participation in a Small Group Class, click here.
To schedule a Private Consultation and Help Session, click here.
If you have any problems scheduling, please email us. We’re happy to help you.