Get answers to your questions regarding our Photo Organizing Small Group Classes and Private Consultation and Help Sessions.
What is a "Photo Organizing Session" and why is it right for me?
Both the Photo Organizing Small Group Class and the Private Consultation & Help Session are interactive, 1-hour sessions introducing you to the best way to organize photos. They provide the basic tools and roadmap so that you can
- collect ALL your photos and digital image files
- sort and identify the best pictures to keep
- organize the photos you save to find them easily…whenever and wherever you want to, and
- preserve them so that you can recover from changes in technology or mishaps that can destroy your pictures, share them with others, and ensure that they can be available to future generations, if you wish.
Both are led by Certified Photo Managers.
The Small Group class is limited to 5 participants so that you can learn from each other’s questions.
The Private Consultation & Help Session allows more time for you to explain your personal situation in depth and get expert guidance.
What are the qualifications of the person who leads the Photo Organizing Class and Private Session?
The Photo Organizing Small Group class and the Private Consultation and Help Session are led by Certified Photo Managers. These are experienced photo organizers who
- completed rigorous training
- passed several, in-depth exams with scores of 95% or better
- have a roster of satisfied customers
- are certified by The Photo Managers, a worldwide association of over 600 members who are expert in organizing, storing, and preserving personal images and documents.
What is the format for the Small Group Class and Private Consultation?
Both the Photo Organizing Small Group class and the Private Consultation and Help Session are live, interactive sessions conducted as a ZOOM meeting. You can participate on your phone, tablet or computer. You are free to ask questions throughout the session. In fact, you are encouraged to identify questions that are top of mind when you register, so that your session is especially helpful to you.
How long is the Small Group Class and Private Consultation?
The ZOOM sessions are 1-hour long. The presentations are planned for roughly 45 minutes of content delivery and 15 minutes of questions.
What equipment do I need to participate?
The sessions are held via ZOOM meetings and can be accessed via a
- Computer – Windows or Apple computer with speakers or a microphone. Note that webcams are recommended but not required. Most computers and tablets have a built-in webcam.
- Mobile device – iOS or Android
- Phone – Mobile device, desk or landline.
Note that the ZOOM app must be enabled on your computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
Is there pre-work or homework required?
There is no required pre-work for the class but it will be useful to think about all the places where your photos might be hiding.
- Your hard copy photos might be located as framed photos on display in your home or office, and tucked away in boxes, bags, and/or albums stored on shelves and in closets, attics or basements, and even under beds. Family members might also have one-of-a-kind pictures that you would like to borrow to scan and keep a copy (Mom in her wedding dress?)
- Your digital image files might be in your phone camera roll and in messages. They might also be in your email (all your email addresses!). And they can be found in cloud storage sites like Google Photos or Apple iCloud (among others), in digital albums at photo retailer ordering sites such as Shutterfly, Snapfish, Amazon, Walgreens, etc., and on social media like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat.
- You might also have many kinds of storage media including CDs and DVDs, floppy drives, SD cards, “memory” cards, USB or “thumb drives”, external hard drives, slides, negatives, old disposable film cameras, 35 mm film, and VHS or Beta videos.
After the class, there is no assigned homework — and you’ll have a clear list of next steps to tackle your photo organizing project!
Am I able to interact with my instructor?
Absolutely! The class is “live” and designed to be interactive. Feel free to ask your questions! The instructors will also share their contact information and you can contract with them afterwards if you would like additional help.
What tools will I have once I complete the class?
You will have several tools available to you once you complete your session. In addition to knowing the process you should undertake, you will have
- valuable checklists to ensure a disciplined approach to organizing your photos
- a reference book, Photo Organizing Made Easy by Cathi Nelson filled with valuable insights and recommendations
- membership in a Facebook community of photo organizers where you can continue to learn new information
Plus, you will have the contact information for your Photo Manager instructor and can contract for an ongoing relationship, if you wish.
What happens if I can’t make the date or time I scheduled? What is your cancellation policy?
What is your 100% Happiness Guarantee?
We want you to find real value in our Photo Organizing Small Group Class and Private Consultation and Help Sessions. We will make every effort to meet your expectations. If you are unhappy for any reason with the value you received in the session, we will work with you to meet your expectations or we will refund your class registration fee.